Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project #10

Toolbox with the words teachers open the toolboxFinding the Right Tool

Thanks to Maegan Slaten for her Top 10 Tools for Elementary Teachers Maegan's slideshow gave a list of tools, some that I was familiar with and others that I have never heard of. I am going to teach K-6, preferably 1-3. I plan on using technology in my future classroom and with younger students, it is important to teach them the safety of the internet first. NetSmartz is a "kid-friendly" website that teaches students about internet safety. In my classroom, before introducing any other form of technology the students will use, I will stress the importance of safety. NetSmartz provides presentations, lesson plans, video and educational cards, handouts and posters to display in the classroom. Safety is priority in a classroom, especially with the younger students who are new to the classroom environment.

Tramline

Tramline is a site that not only has virtual field trips but also has software that allows teachers to create their own field trips depending on age and subject. In my classroom I plan to use this website frequently. Whether its a lesson on the rainforest or hurricanes, Tramline has a field trip for numerous lessons. One tour I especially liked was the tour on Dinosaurs.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of Tramline or netsmartz before now, but I am going to navigate through both sites and make notes on how I can use them in my future class

    ReplyDelete