Sunday, February 10, 2013

C4T #1 January

For my first C4T, I read and commented on The 21st Century Gifted Educator by Elvira G. Deyamport. In this post, Elvira and her husband give a lecture at a conference about creating a personal learning network. Using a PLN is useful because it helps teachers share their ideas with other teachers in a fast, organized, easy way. In the lecture, Elvira and her husband focus on FaceBook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. In my comment, I introduced myself and explained how I use Facebook on a daily basis. When I first commented on this post, it was before we started interacting with Twitter. I have learned so much since then and in my comment, I told Elvira I wasn't experienced with Twitter or LinkedIn. That being said, I intend to explore LinkedIn and hopefully enjoy using it like I have Twitter. Finally I thanked Elvira for her all her useful information and told her I was looking forward to more posts.

The second post I read was Telling Our Stories with Social Media by Elvira G. Deyamport as well. In this post, she describes her recent experience at MECA, her state educational technology conference. This trip she got a chance to not only attend but speak. This year she presented her list of resources for the social bookmarking took, Diigo. Elvira also describes the keynote's presentation on integrating social technology in classrooms. Eric and Elvira both believe that technology can be a way to showcase the students achievements and what they do in the classroom. My comment has not yet been approved but i started off by introducing myself and thanking Elvira for her list of resources. I tell her how I have never taking the point of view she has on. When thinking about technology in my classroom, I have only considered how it can help the students and help them enhance their creativity. It makes sense that technology can be a way to showcase the student's achievements; just never took that approach. I hope to come back and see my comment has been posted. I have subscribed by email, and look forward to Elvira commenting back.

No comments:

Post a Comment