Monday, February 25, 2013

C4K Summary for February

Ka Paw
My first C4K assignment was Ka Paw in Mrs. Behm's class. They are a blog of 5th-8th grade English learners from parts all over the world including Thailand, Burma, Mexico, and Guatemala. Ka Paw is one of Mrs. Behm's 8th graders from Thailan, who came to the United States in 2010. His first blog was a short autobiography telling us that he has one brother and one sister. Ka Paw's favorite colors are blue, black, white and purple. His favorite subjects are Math, Science and English. In my comment on his post I introduced myself and told Ka Paw about a girl I work with who is also from Thailand. I let Ka Paw know how great is what he enjoyed Math and Science considering the two subjects go hand in hand. Considering Ka Paw has siblings I asked if he was the youngest and told him I had two brothers as well. I then thanked Ka Paw for his post and let him know I would look forward to hearing back from him.

Zittarius
Zittarius is a student in Ms. McKeller's 3rd grade class. His blog was an introduction of himself as well. Zittarius is 8 years old and his birthday is July 24th. He lives with his mom and dad. Tarvis is his best friend. In my comment, I introduced myself and told him how much I loved my third grade class in elementary. I asked how him and Tarvis have been friends and what were some of his favorite things to do. I ended by telling Zittarius to keep up the great blog posts and I looked forward to him answering some of my questions.

Michael
For my third C4K student I was assigned Michael, a 5th grade student at Pt. England. This blog post was a Google Presentation just like the one we recently did. It was kind of neat and a little embarrassing to think I struggled making a project that 5th graders around the world did. Crazy how technology is taking over. Anyway, Michael's presentation was about some of his favorite things in life. He likes rugby and his favorite team is the "All Blacks". His favorite place is Rainbowsen and he loves Burger King. In my comment on Michael's presentation, I told him how my college class created one as well. I asked what Rainbowsen was and if it was an amusement park because he said his favorite ride was the "Log Fume". I then told him I would look forward to him commenting me back.

Addison
This week I was assigned Addison, a student in Mrs. Vannoy's 1st grade class. I was excited to read her blog because our lab assistant is their student teacher. This particular post was about her dad. I thought it was really neat a 1st grader was using the technology and tools myself as a college student is learning. Addison really loves her dad and loves how sweet he is to her. In my comment I told her how I was a daddy's girl and that one of my best friends name is Addison. I asked her if she had any brothers or sisters or if she was an only child. My comment is still awaiting approval but I hope she gets to comment back.

I've been really fascinated with this particular assignment of commenting on other students blogs. Not so much teacher's blogs because it's so interesting to see the different students from around the world. I love seeing them react and how well they are doing writing on their posts. It makes me think more about incorporating this tool into my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment